Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Location : Loughborough, UK
- Supporting the business by resolving all electrical design issues related to large generator designs (impact of cooling systems, preparation of operating charts, evaluation of machine performance, calculation of resistance/reactance, static and dynamic testing, insulation system design, winding design, etc).
- To support BRUSH with Innovative, fully engineered and creative solutions to customer problems.
- Provide electrical engineering evaluation, in depth analysis and product design solutions to satisfy changing customer requirements
- Understand and working with electrical machine IEC specifications and grid codes. Ensure that all designs and applied technology are compliant with the relevant technical, safety and environmental standards, codes of practice etc.
- Supporting and accompanying Sales and Project Managers during the pre-contract award stage to promote BRUSH Aftermarket technical credibility and competence. Engineer and develop competitive solutions for all sales initiatives.
- To conduct DFMEAs and participate in PFMEAs to ensure a thorough risk review on all changes has been completed. Leading RCA investigations as and when required by the business.
- Approval of technical documentation related to BRUSH generator products and services.
- Providing technical guidance with electrical and electromagnetic theory and HV insulation systems.
- Engineer and develop competitive solutions for all sales initiatives.
- Acting as engineer/technical expert for large generator projects throughout the full product life cycle.
- Acting as a critical interface with other BEM engineering departments to maintain quality of products.
- Being available to travel internationally and domestically as and when required.
- Ensure that all products are designed for manufacturing facilities available at both UK and Czech Republic in the most cost effective and timely manner.
- Producing detailed analysis and up-rate reports for Aftermarket for existing/refurbished generators
- Any other duties that would be seen as part of the function of the Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Any other duties that would be seen as part of the function of the Senior Electrical Design EngineerThe job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be required of you by the Company.
Qualifications or Functional Experience
- Degree or equivalent in an Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Electrical Engineer desirable.
- Significant experience working in a similar role at a Generator Original Equipment Manufacturer. Applicants will need to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of medium/large electrical machinery, specifically two-pole turbo-generators.
- Appreciation of financial/commercial aspect/implications of proposed technical solutions for in service problems
System or Knowledge
- Computer literate with the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Highly proficient in the use of IT systems including:
- all Microsoft office software packages, including but not limited to Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience of modelling software eg Electro-static and Electro-magnetic, CFD
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, methodologies, procedures etc. utilised within the design and manufacture of turbogenerators and salient pole generators together with the associated auxiliary systems.
- Significant experience in an engineering environment.
- Clear and highly effective communicator, both verbal and written; adept at disseminating information to others; keeps colleagues at all levels of the organisation informed of important issues, problems, and status of projects in a timely manner.
- Skills in the following areas:
- Design reviews
- Design methodologies
- Project management
- RCA investigations
- Lateral thinking
- Formal Presentations
- Meeting Management
- Lean techniques and methodologies
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining highly effective working relationships.
- Experience of bringing design concepts to manufacture
- The attitude and will to want to make a difference
- Problem solver with a methodical approach and an eye for detail
- Ability to think outside the box
- Flexible approach
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating which position you are applying for.
No agencies please.