The AT range of single compartment units with high-speed resistor transition for three-phase systems with voltages of 44kV and 66kV line end or 132kV neutral end and nominal rated current of 300A. The AT tapchanger is designed such that power flow can be handled in either direction at full-rated current. A maximum of 17 tapping positions (16 steps) 15 possible for linear regulation and 33 tapping positions (32 steps) for reversing of course/fine regulation.
- Up to 17 positions (linear) or 33 positions (reverse or coarse/fine)
- Suitable for 52kV, star or delta windings
- 400A version (linear only)
- Suitable for 145kV star winding (neutral end only)
- Single-phase version available
- Vertically-mounted option also available
- Manufactured in accordance with IEC 60214
- Bi-directional power flow
- High Speed Resistor on-load selector switch
- Ease of maintenance
- Low oil content
- Fully automatic or manual operation.
The AE range has a maximum of 17 tapping positions (16 steps) and is possible for linear regulation and 33 tapping positions (32 steps) for reverse or course/fine regulation. The equipment may be used to regulate three-phase transformers designed for system voltages of 33kV and 66kV at any position in the winding. The AE may also operate on transformers designed for 132kV earthed neutral three-phase systems regulating at the neutral end of the winding. The maximum current rating is 500A, with overload capability in accordance with IEC 60354 and IEC 60076-7.
- 500A current rating
- Suitable for 33kV or 66kV systems, line or neutral end
- Suitable for 132kV systems (neutral end only)
- Maximum 650kVA breaking capacity
- Designed in accordance with IEC 60214 and also complies with many other national and international standards
- Benefits of the AT, ATV, and AE on-load tapchangers
- Lower overall maintenance times and costs to the end user
- Separate tapchanger oil ensures 100% accurate D.G.A of transformers
- Can easily be housed in noise enclosures
- Retrofit tapchangers more easily accommodated
- Better for anti-tracking surfaces.