BRUSH Switchgear’s world renowned GVR Recloser was the first in a range of equipment utilising one of the most advanced operating mechanisms available on the market, featuring the award-winning magnetic actuator technology.
The GVR provides 'intelligent control' and protection on power distribution networks, whilst offering a lifetime of trouble-free service.
The GVR automatic recloser is now available as a tank only option for those customers who wish to connect their own protection and control cubicles.
Alternatively, customers looking for a ground-mounted solution can select our epoxy separable bushings for cable connected networks.
- Superior, proven technology with minimal maintenance
- BRUSH Switchgear’s, single coil magnetic actuator mechanism allows the GVR to operate independently of the MV supply
- Environmentally friendly vacuum interruption produces no by-products
- The lightweight corrosion resistant aluminium tank makes the GVR easier to transport and install
- The EPDM or silicone bushings are tested for tracking and erosion to IEC 61109 and are resistant to damage from vandalism or mishandling
- Endurance tested to 10,000 operations
- Pole mounted or substation mounted, the GVR can be integrated into the most advanced distribution automation schemes, or can operate as a stand-alone recloser
- By using the advanced control and protection functions of the Beckwith M-7679, the GVR can also be used in applications where reclosers have not traditionally been used such as closed rings and underfrequency load shedding schemes
- The 3-in-1 Recloser – the GVR can be configured to function as a Switch, Sectionaliser or Recloser by using one of the specially pre-engineered protection and control cubicles
|GVR 15||GVR 27||GVR 38|
|Maximum System Voltage||kVrms||15.5||27||38|
|Impulse Voltage Withstand||kV peak||110||125/150||150/170|
|Power Frequency Withstand Dry||kVrms for 60s||50||60||70|
|Power Frequency Withstand Wet||kVrms for 60s||50||50||60|
|Rated Gas Pressure for above||Atmospheric||Atmospheric/0.3 bar||Atmospheric/0.3 bar||0.3 bar|
|Number of Operations with no Maintenance||10,000||10,000||10,000|