We have built a solid reputation for reliability and longevity amongst our many satisfied clients.
Our standard range covers power transformers with:
- Power ratings between 5MVA and 120MVA
- Voltages up to and including 145kV systems
Our transformers can be designed to customer specific needs as well as many national and international specifications, amongst these:
- Shell DEP
View From The Team
Transformers: just a dull grey box?
Transformers are often regarded as the least important element of the electrical network.
Contrary to this perception, the importance of transformers, and their role in the grid, far exceeds their traditional function of stepping voltage up or down, explains Pablo Castaño, BRUSH Product Manager:
“Transformers are a crucial element in maintaining a healthy, decentralized, flexible network, managing elements such as power factor, harmonics and fault level, for example by deploying natural or bespoke impedance values.“
Features and benefits
- High efficiency transformers based on EU EcoDesign Directive EU 548 and Tier 2 efficiencies
- Alternative cooling fluids including Midel and FR3 for environmentally sensitive or urban sites
- Low noise level transformers with advanced core build technology and variable speed fan options
- Designs are calculated for minimal Partial Discharge values through an optimised insulation structure that extends operational lifespan
- Condition Monitoring options via fibre optic temperature sensors & gas detection systems
- Compact transformer design reduces overall substation footprint enabling significant savings in civil costs
- Cooling methods ranging from naturally cooled to directed-oil via pumps and forced-air via fans
- Tapchanging by On-Load (bolt-on or in-tank) or Off-Circuit switching devices. Remote Tapchanger Control Panels can also be supplied
- Full range of accessories and protection devices available including digitally enabled options as well as condition monitoring equipment
Whether your requirements call for a DNO approved transformer or a bespoke solution, BRUSH covers the vast majority of applications.
We provide lifecycle management and support from initial system analysis, to design, engineering, supply, installation, commissioning and upgrades of equipment through to repurposing or decommissioning.
Speak to our team
BRUSH has a global reputation for service excellence and dedicated customer support. With a wealth of experience spanning more than 145 years and significant in-house knowledge and expertise, our commitment to excellence is backed by experience and knowledge.
Whether it’s the provision of parts, the delivery of service support in the field, at the customer’s premises or at our network of service workshops, our team of highly experienced engineers are on hand to support.