A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. [We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.]
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|wp_lang||Necessary||24 hours||Monitors the browser’s preferred language for website administrators|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Necessary||Session||Checks whether the browser can accept cookies|
|CookieControl||Necessary||1 week||Records settings for the CivicUK Cookie Control tool|
|_ga||Analytical||2 years||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.|
|_gid||Analytical||24 hours||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_XXXXXXXX_X||Analytical||24 hours||Set by Google to distinguish users.|
- Google Maps – used for displaying geographical locations for case studies
- ClickDimensions – used for submitting contact forms
You can choose whether we can set analytical, functionality and targeting cookies by adjusting the relevant slider on our cookie consent tool to “On” or “Off” then clicking “Save and close”. You may need to refresh your page for the settings to take effect.